We use a consistent process that covers all aspects of SEO to ensure we build results focused SEO campaigns for our customers. We recommend minimum of 4 – 6 months before you start to see results.
Phase 1 – Review
Firstly, we identify the critical areas of your website that are currently holding you back and scrutinise your competitors & industry. We identify the search terms that attract customers with buying intent and craft a strategy that will drive the leads you need.
- Gathering technical accounts
- Understanding your business & requirements
- Identifying who your customers are
- Set initial goals and objectives
- Reviewing your website
- Identify technical and offsite issues
- Reviewing your competition and their websites
- Profiling which keywords their websites are ranking and relevant
- Profiling where inbound links and authority are coming from.
If your website does not have a conversion focused design then it will be the very first area that we recommend you update. It’s impossible for us to do a good job for you if your website has been designed to ward off any potential customers.
Estimated time: 4 – 6 hours, depending on the size of your site.
Phase 2 – Technical SEO & Onsite Optimisation
In phase 2 we begin the hands on technical SEO work by addressing the findings of the SEO audit.
In this phase:
- Any immediate corrective issues that are required.
- Improving site structure and content organisation.
- Improve copy adding relevance to a variety of searches.
- Improving copy to increase trust and develop preference.
- Optimising Meta data (title, meta description, header tags etc).
- Improving site speed.
- Building out local suburb pages.
- Ensuring your website is responsive.
- Leveraging keyword and competitor research from phase 1.
- Disavowing poor quality links.
How long does phase 2 take?
This phase may take anywhere between 1 – 2 months depending upon –
- How much corrective work your site requires
- How aggressive you wish to be with geo targeting regions/suburbs (Local SEO)
- How easy your website CMS is to work with
If your website has seen the result of prior poor quality SEO services then expect to be in this phase for longer than expected.
Estimated time: 15 – 45 hours, depending on the size of your site. In most cases this takes up the majority of your 2nd month and can often lead into the 3rd month.
Phase 3 – Offpage Optimisation & Local SEO
The offpage optimisation process is one of, or if not, the biggest contributing factors towards the improvement of your site within the search results.
In phase 3 we begin to work on the offpage elements of SEO that build authority. We work on things such as:
- Submission to credible business directories such as (Truelocal, Flying Solo, Yelp, Hot frog etc)
- Submission of your site to Google+ My Business, Bing Places.
- Update any outdated local listings.
- Reverse engineering competitor link profiles and reviewing for opportunities.
- Using search engine queries to identify link and content opportunities.
- Guest blogging on relevant websites and major Australia business websites.
- PR using sites like Sourebottle.com
- Listing your business in high quality and industry relevant directories.
- Using outreach to build relationships and links back to your content.
- Disavowing low quality links.
How long does phase 3 take?
This phase is the most time intensive and many items are recurring from this point onwards.
Estimated time: 10 – 15 hours per month at a minimum. In most cases this will begin at somewhere between month 3 – 4 of your campaign.
Phase 4 – Content Marketing
Content is extremely important, and vital to the success of your campaign. Content marketing ties in heavily with outreach and offpage optimisation. Without content, it’s incredibly hard to earn the types of links that will confer domain authority & improve rankings.
Content also increases your relevance to more searches and allows us to target customers at the 4 different stages of the buying lifecycle.
How long does phase 4 take?
This phase is ongoing throughout the duration of your campaign. You should continue this process regardless, even once you’ve stopped working with an SEO agency.
Estimated time: As much as you can you can spare or your budget can afford. This phase isn’t about doing the bare minimum it’s about doing as much as you can while sustaining quality.